Tuesday, March 27, 2012

in her normal life...

The challenges of normal life have prevented me from blogging but I have been doggedly not letting it deter me from working out in some way or form 2-3 times a week. For a couple of weeks I was able to do 4 workouts per week and those are real accomplishments for me.

March Break threw a real wrench into the works but I managed with doing my first outdoor runs, with a friend here in town and one solo out at my mothers on an old dirt road that had a few nice rolling hills to add to the challenge. I realize I like outdoor running as there are lots of distractions when the going gets tough. Also having a friend encourage one along also helps loads!!!

I am very tempted to try a 5K run after BAM is done. Very tempted. I am already able to do 3k fairly easily...2 extra K on top of that should be easy to train up to over the next few months.

But today I am sore. I haven't done a really challenging full body workout with weights since before March Break and today I have muscle aches all over. Frig! And here I was thinking I only worked out at 90% hard yesterday morning because I knew full well this might happen and whoa-ouch.

I did weigh myself mid-march and I lost another 2.2 lbs - exactly 1 kilo. I lost another 4 inches overall when I was measured so things are going the way they should be. I am going to use a friend's scale again today to see if things have been maintained or further losses have happened but it really shouldn't matter. I am making it work into my life and am working to make these changes permanent.

This week is going to be busy with plans for my charity crop this Fri & Saturday for the Bust a Move Breast Cancer fundraising event. But I still plan on running tonite, working out tomorrow and Friday morning. It's just the way it is now. And I wouldn't have it any other way.

Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment