Wednesday, April 25, 2012

at Bust A Move!

What a day. I have never before seen or done anything like it.

I decided to do a bit of 'prepping' for the day by making cute little hair clips with a bunch of pink ribbon attached. I altered a white t-shirt with Bubblegum pink dylusion sprays (works awesome btw, but haven't tried to wash it yet) and in black sharpee marker I wrote on the back of the t-shirt the name of everyone who donated to my fundraising effort.

I knew that the day was going to be hard to endure but with all these fine folks 'behind me' why was I worried?

Then I dumped more "Flamingo Pink" Manic Panic Hair Gel into my hair than is recommended (it didn't really work but it was there) and did my hair into pig tails and off I went.

I met up with my awesome team "Losing It In Ottawa" and got settled in for a day of fitness and Richard Simmons!

I like this picture because I am trying to pose like a body builder - thank you Liz for the tip!

We get our spots (the organizers taped down 'corners' so we knew which spot was ours) and started with a one hour hi-lo impact cardio that got me doing some things I have never done before. I did pretty good I thought so went to take a pic of me in between classes.

So yes after my first hour long workout, still feeling pretty perky. Then came Richard Simmons!!! I didn't' know much about him personally, other than he seemed to have no shame in who he flirted with and loved to make people sweat. But his energy was palpable in the room and he seemed to excited to stay in one spot.

After the cheque presenting ceremony ($349,000.00 raised woot!) he started his hour long cardio dance work out and it was almost schitzofrenic the way he jumped from exercise to exercise. He called up women to the stage to dance with him by age group and started with the folks under 20. They would be up there with him for about 10 minutes then the next group was invited up. So when the 30-40 year olds were invited up I was ready!

I ran up to the stage to get in line to get on the stage and just as I was about to step up, a volunteer stuck her arm in front of me saying that the stage was full. WTF?!? Nononononono...and I am very ashamed of what I did next.

I pulled the longest, the poutiest, the most puppy-dog eyed expression and I hit Richard with it full bore. Poor man didn't stand a chance, and told me in his most fantastic voice "YOU - Get up HERE" and he pointed at me then beside him. I brushed past that volunteer and got a big hug and kiss from him and spent the next 10 minutes dancing on stage with him!!! I was OVER the moon happy! Can you tell from this after picture?

Suffice to say that I have NEVER had so much fun working out. More than worth the price of admission. Sadly I did not get a picture of me up there with him but I do have the memory and that is good enough for me.

After that, the day grooved along. I wasn't too fussed on the zumba - largely because it wasn't really instructional and because very hard and jarring on the knees. The Kickboxing was awesome - the instructor actually instructed and encouraged us along. The yoga was lovely too (for me to say that is something) and I even got a free 20 minute massage half way through the day.

I was very done by the end of the day. I was very happy to be picked up by my DH and DD and be driven home to a shower (the hair gel was really starting to itch) and go visit the inlaws and watch the Sens beat the Rangers (you listening boys? you did it once, you can do it again!)

Thank you so much to my fabulous team, my family, friends and supporters. I am so happy I am on this journey because I know you "have my back".

hugs

Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment