Saturday, April 7, 2012

in running.

well what I do is more like jogging but "running" sounds so much more impressive doesn't it? More like a runners shuffle than the fleet footed gazelle.

But I am determined. Running was never something I understood - I have tried before but it just didn't do anything for me. Maybe because I used to smoke so much in university my lung capacity struggles to keep up with what my legs want to do.

then there is the mental games we play. The dissenting voices inside my head (for those of you returning, I have spoken of "Fat Jenn" but for anyone new reading this, "Fat Jenn" or FJ embodies all the bad habits and feeble rationalizations that got me into the unhealthy state I was before, and the "New Jenn" or NJ is the smarter, stronger me that makes good decisions and sticks with resolutions and cares about what happens to my body.)

So FJ and NJ like to meet most regularily while I run. FJ laughs and laughs and reminds NJ that she used to shake her head and wonder at all those fools sweating along the road on a hot summer day while driving in an ac vented car.  NJ ignores FJ ad whispers "Just until the next rock, the next telephone pole...you can breathe through it...come on now..."

FJ will never understand. I am leaving her slowly behind on my runs and becoming NJ. I am exploring a whole new world with running outdoors and I really do love it. I just never knew it.

Jenn

1 comment:

  1. "I just never knew it".....and the best part is you were brave enough to take those steps to not listen to FJ and try..and now look at you :)

    ReplyDelete