Tuesday, January 17, 2012

...almost.

Well today was a buzz kill. Last night was LOOVING the YMCA. Had a great swim last night with my daughter, even spent about 90 seconds in the sauna and came home feeling like a million bucks.

Then I went to the 'Core Strength and Stretch" Class this morning. What a waste of my time.

Started late, was way to advanced for me, my boobs and bulges got in the way and no way could my wrists maintain my weight for the MULTIPLE down dog/crocodile/plank stretches we were asked to do. So not a beginner class and I am such a beginner. I cannot begin to articulate how angry and frustrated I was and for the first time I was sorely tempted to walk out on a class unfunished. At one point I was on the verge of breaking into tears. But I stayed to the end, not feeling like I was able to do even half of what was being asked of me and just feeling so defeated.

Then I went home and vented on FB-LIO and the ladies were awesomely supportive which helped. It's good to know that I wasn't the only who went through similar frustrations.

Here is the win as my friend Heather tells me - I went, I stayed, I tried.

Another win for me - I really wanted to eat the chunk of Praline's Fudge that is leftover from Christmas that I got from Bobcaygeon. There is no place for this in my diet nor even in my household if I'm honest. I stared at it and held it, and poked it with my finger seeing the soft gooeyness in the layers, but then I saw this on FB posted in Losing it in Ottawa and it helped me lots!

"30 mins from now you won't remember how good that binge felt, but 3 hours from now you will still be wishing you hadn't."

So I grabbed a nearly full water bottle and I am halfway through it and don't feel that snacky anymore. So apparently this is a bad habit I am breaking and not a hunger I am ignoring.

I also booked my free orientation with one of the personal trainers next Friday Jan 27th (right before I leave for CHA but it's my next Friday off) and I have requested the use of their body fat scale which they are now sending out to be fixed so it may be a month before I get tested. Not sure what to use as a baseline but I found my old Curves data sheets and my Body Fat % at that time was over 40%. Yikes! Almost half of my body is fat? That can't be good!

Anyway - 4 small wins today so far as I can see it.

Next work out date is the 9am class on Thurs which is entitled "Abs Butt and Thighs" (no mystery there but will be my first time trying it out) and then on Friday at 9am for the Cardio Combo which I have taken before and like very much.

Still trying to get in to be weighed at the dr's. Not an easy task. He says to come in anytime to get weighed but he's always with a patient. Oh well.

I will try to upload pictures of myself that I took today at the Y in their mirror. Going to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment