Monday, January 16, 2012

...finally.

Like I need another blog. Something else to update in my life. Another commitment, another challenge.

But I do need this.

Some starting stats...

Today is Monday Jan 16th and I am currently a member of the Orleans YMCA.

I have worked out 3 times last week, which was a goal, and I was able to complete it. My body went through different phases of body aches and muscle strain but I have done this before so wasn't surprised.

December 21st, 2011 Last official weigh in at my Dr.'s had me at 276 lbs. I remember weighing about this when I was pregnant with Emma which was 8 years ago. I am clutching this extra weight and don't want to let it go and I don't understand why. Just let it go Jenn. Just lose it.

I hope to figure it out along the way. If I do I will let you know.

I started some changes in my diet a few months back and I think it's helped. I am drinking fruit and yogurt smoothies to replace a meal - usually breakfast - and its helped to narrow down my bread consumption.

Well now its off to start my day. I'm helping a friend move so my workout will be packing and lifting, and I plan on taking E to the open swim at the Y tonite.

J

2 comments:

  1. When I started my journey to healthy fit living I too weighed about the same as when I was pregnant. I have a very strong feeling you are going to do this, you have been taking it in steps, you started with breakfast, and asked lots of questions, and EXPERIMENTED and found something that works for you. That breakfast has impacted the rest of your day and led to other changes. Now you have a gym membership and are moving and sweating and pushing yourself. You signed up for crazy ass BUST A MOVE...oh yes...your going to do this :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Katie. I am trying not to get overwhelmed with all things I could be doing and sticking to just getting to my work outs and making small changes in my diet. Like today - tim hortons coffee with milk instead of cream saves me 100 calories. Freakin crazy since I used to drink 1-2 of these per day. sheesh.

    ReplyDelete