Monday, January 23, 2012

...a bit

Today I worked out and did a Body Rev class at the Y. Learned some stuff about myself. Ahem.

1. I have pretty good upper body strength. I was able to do most of the upper body exercises except for dips which pretty rank as high as planks in my opinion. I did other tricep exercises instead and still felt the burn. I should up my weights for the bar next Monday to 15lbs to see how it goes.

2. I do not like chatty women who gossip through the whole work out as did the two ladies behind me. I tried to toss them dirty looks through the mirror but I am sure it just came through as either a normal facial expression while lifting weights or a particularily bad case of gas. Regardless, in the unlikely event that these women will eventually read this blog - please don't catch up on your day to day in a workout class. Go grab a cup of coffee and do it in a cafe.

3. I can do hard things. Some of the exercises were HARD but I did my best at them. The instructor did mention that I was doing well and to keep coming - which is the most important part. Keep coming back. I intend to.

Having said that, I think what I will try is to sneak in a walk on the treadmill tomorrow night while E is at Brownies. It's close to where her meetings are and a 30 min walk (or more?) is easily doable in the times between drop off and pick up.

I want to also get weighed sometime this week. See if there is any progress there. I say that because I see progress other ways and am, overall, pleased with how things are going.

Still need - new shoes. Will see how it goes this week but I don't think I'll have time to shop.

that is all.

j.

No comments:

Post a Comment