Tuesday, January 24, 2012

...in fustration...

....so today is another typical day. Running my business is sometimes like running around collecting raindrops with a pasta strainer. Lots of effort for seemingly little return. My own fault usually, certainly not my customers. I need to be better organized, get more sleep to have more energy for them.

By the end of my work day, I am 30 mins late for being home - which I hate. I don't like being late for dinner at home but I wasn't really hungry - I was snacking through the class on a fabo stew that my hubby made so that I just ended up putting my plate in the oven for when I got back. Got back from where you ask?

I WENT TO THE YMCA AT NIGHT!

That's right - I said it. I worked out at night, while E was at Brownies. I did a preliminary try at the treadmill and I have learned the following:

1. The staff at the Y, while passibly friendly, don't always know how to use their high end equipment. I wanted to know how to use the 'smart key' that the treadmill was asking for, but the 'floor supervisor' seemed a bit vague on what it was (a usb key to track my progress...why wouldn't I want that?) and how to get it (just check out the treadmill's website online and maybe I can get one there?) Now I have a business 'sense' as it were and immediately I was wondering why the YMCA wasn't pimping these smart keys out to their members as a way to pay off these beautiful high tech treadmills or to pay for the replacements that are going to eventually be needed - I would have bought one practically on the spot. A little digital thumb drive to track my progress so I don't have to resort to pen and paper? Where do I sign up? Otherwise the treadmill was easy to manipulate if not a bit boring. Apparently you need one of these smart keys to enjoy a program that offers different grades and speeds. Hmm imagine that.

2. I get why people are plugged into some sort of mP3 player when they walk or run. Staring off into space while on the treadmill is enough to bore one to tears. I MUST make a point of getting some play lists on my little MP3 player before I go back again or I may just develop a twitch above my left eye.

3. I CAN JOG! Who knew? I kept punching the little button that made the treadmill go faster and faster and I thought I would try to break into a jog ....just to see how it would go. Well damn if a minute didn't just sail by...then two. THEN 3! and then 4 minutes. I was starting to get that famous side stitch so I decided to stick it out to 5 whole minutes of what would be viewed as a slow jog but its a helluva lot faster than anything I've done in the last year or more.

4. Working out does wonders to work out frustrations. I was too tired to feel frustrated and just wanted to come home, log my day into MFP and come here to blog and just feel good about my day. Apparently I am under my calories for the day and on pace for my week.

So I've added a 30 mins treadmill to my weekly workout regime of 3 classes. I'm going away next weekend for 4 days so I won't be able to do it next week, but will the following. I'll just try to keep my calories down and hydration levels high. Gods I hope that I can keep the momentum going. Please....

2 comments:

  1. My favorite part, is where the exercise let you workout your frurations! you are on a ROLL!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your willingness to try so many different things with enthusiasm! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete