Wednesday, February 22, 2012

...and is ticked off at herself...

Last week I didn't work out my minimum 3 workouts b/c on the Monday I was still recovering from a stomach bug and Friday was a PA day and so opted to stay home with my daughter because I have been working so much lately. I don't regret it, I know I have been doing really well with my life choices and I have been seeing successes in many parts of my life. I promised myself a kick ass work out week this week.

Monday - went to my class. was early even. No classes on Family day but the gym was open. Grrrr. I stood there staring at the closed workout room door and was torn as to what to do. i didn't have my music with me to do a run on the treadmill. Besides that was Tuesday's planned work out for when emma was at Brownies. i looked around at all the very complicated looking machines and decided to make it into an educational day and learn some of the machines. Over the next hour I puzzled my way through 8 various machines (with some help from complete strangers who could see I was a newb at this) and worked out mostly my upper body. No where near the workout I wanted but it was *something*.

Tuesday night - between work projects being late and meetings, I completely missed my workout window and barely got to Emma's Brownies in time to pick her up. GrrrRRRRRR....!

This morning - I thought I was prepared. I had my bag packed to shower there. I had  my work out gear on. I ate my scrambled eggs an hour in advance of my workout to have some energy and my after work out smoothie was ready to go in the car. I had Emma on the bus on time. I ....didn't...have ....my....running shoes. They were at the store. After saying things that don't bare repeating and seeing RED I drove to the store, picked up my shoes drove back to the gym and was way late for the class but instead pounded my angry energy out on the treadmill for 30 mins that for 17.5 mins I RAN! I went fast and longer than before, and way harder but I paid for it. After I felt sick and dizzy for awhile (I feel better now) I showered and went on with my day as planned.

This is a special notification to my life and whatever karma or negative energy that is trying to keep me from having a healthy life and working out regularly:

I WILL NOT stop. I WILL work out. I WILL move my body and be healthy. I WILL make healthy food choices and not fold at temptation.

SO THERE!

Jenn

2 comments:

  1. 17.5 min!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's incredible Jenn...seriously awesome .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Katie - I wanted to pound that treadmill into pieces I tell you. But looking back I have a new rule - never run so mad that I put my HR up to 176. Not good for my heart at all!

    hugs!

    ReplyDelete