Friday, February 10, 2012

...at boot camp.

I would like to thank everyone who had such wonderful words of support and love, in person, in emails, facebook and by donating to Bust a Move. I will get there. I have fun things planned to raise the $$ I need and a great crew of cheerleaders...but I swear this week has had it in for me with trying my limits on so many fronts...which brings us to today.

this morning's workout was the height of irony.

It was SUPPOSE to be cardio combo. It was SUPPOSE to be a medium dance like workout class and I was looking forward to comparing how much I have improved since the last time I did that class.

But the teacher was on vacation and i got Boot Camp class instead. Oh I hurt. Never have I done Boot Camp class before and it was brutal. But from the sounds of the rest of the class (one lady had to walk out twice?!?) I was in good company.

A first for me: I felt the sweat dripping off of me. Whoa.

Another first : When I preferred to plank (from the knees) to doing one more push up or my new exercise-to-hate "the mountain climb". Was able to do this for nearly 30 seconds.

Win : I did my 3 x 1 hour workouts this week and all of them pushed me into new areas. 

Anyways...it's one of those classes that when I feel more confident in myself I can see joining "On Purpose". I am so glad that today I snuggling at home with Emma as she recovers from the flu. She is doing better, but then she seemed to be doing better earlier in the week only to get sicker again, then recover and then get sicker again! Poor kid. I see a lot of movies and Nintendo DS in our immediate future and yummy, healthy easy to digest foods.

 I am looking forward to my yearly physical and check up on Tuesday (first time in a long time I can say that!) so I can get weighed on my Dr's very high tech digital scale. It will be the first weigh in on that scale since before Christmas. Trying not to get my hopes up to high, because I FEEL good about my progress.

Have a good weekend folks. Hope you get to enjoy the weather and Winterlude.

Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment