Friday, February 3, 2012

...and feels good.

This week was a challenge because I traveled on business for 4 days. Airports, hotels and convention centres don't offer much in the way of healthy food choices but I managed as best I could, having fruit for snacks. Coming home I realized I was coming down with a head cold which was going to railroad my plans to work out Friday but I had a good nights sleep, popped two Tylenol cold pills and decided to go on the treadmill instead of sneezing and snorting through an hour long class. I wasn't sure I would be able to keep up in the class anyways, since I was still feeling jet lagged from the flights.

The last time I was on the treadmill, I did 30 mins total, 5 of which I jogged. It was a push to do it, but I felt awesome then. That was nothing compared to how I felt today. I brought music with me this time and when I was 5 mins into the jogging portion and I was starting to feel tired, Mr. roboto came through on my headphones and the beat matched exactly what I was doing and I went ahead and did another 5 mins of jogging!

10 mins of jogging - double what I did a week & a half ago!!!! I did a good cool down and just as I was about to step off, 2 friends came by and told me how good I looked grooving to my music while I was running! Loved that feeling!

Top speed 6.2 kms/hour for 10 mins.
2.2 kms distance covered

I was going to go longer than 30 mins but there was some preprogrammed time that slowed the machine down right at 30 mins and I couldnt' figure out how to change it. Silly thing.

Day 10 without Coffee from Tim Hortons or Starbucks.

Feeling good.

4 comments:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!!!!! Atta girl jenn you really are kicking ASS!

    R :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEST part of this is that you went even though you were tired, you had cold, you had excuses in your pocket and you WENT!!! That's key in my book...there will always be excuses...today you showed that you are WORTH IT!! WAY TO GO JENN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you ladies! I am really trying to make it work and make it last.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome job jenn. You are doing great my friend.

    Suzane

    ReplyDelete